Thursday, December 13, 2012

13rd Dec 2012

Headed for another new cafe yesterday before my afternoon yoga class. Selfish Gene Cafe. Love it! 
Spacious, and not crowded. Well, maybe it was because I was there on a weekday morning :P. The food was great. Loved the carrot cake I ordered. The matcha latte was great too. Not sweet at all :) One of the cafes that I will be going back to again ;)


My late breakfast ;)

The interior of the cafe

Planned to head to at least 1 new cafe every week... 

I loved this paragraph from the book I'm reading now

"Accepting my true likes and dislikes bring me a kind of sadness. It makes me sad for two reasons. First, It makes me sad to realize my limitations. The world offers so much! - so much beauty, so much fun, and I am unable to appreciate most of it. But it also makes me sad because, in many ways, I wish I were different. " - The Happiness Project

I can kinda relate to it. I have seriously never enjoyed clubbing. I could never dance. I could never enjoy drinking much. Probably due to the fact that it doesn't take a lot to knock me out -_-" And I'm pretty sure nobody enjoys throwing up or the hangover feeling.. haha. Late nights are not really a thing I enjoy anymore.. Prefers to turn in early, and start the day early instead.

Everyone have things they enjoy doing, or do not enjoy doing. I enjoy travelling, photography, reading, just spending quiet time in a non crowded cafe. I really dislike crowds. 


It's all about being true to ourselves... But the things that we do not enjoy doing, are also our limitations in life. And with the world being able to offer so much... sometimes.. just sometimes.. I wonder if I'm missing out on life. And yes, sometimes I wished I'm different. 


No comments:

Post a Comment