Thursday, December 31, 2015

31st Dec 2015

The last day of the year is always a good day to blog. This year's been a good year, lesson wise. There's always a lesson in everything that happen. 

Finished up my list of lifetime goals few days back. Took me about 2hours on a very focused afternoon to finish, and Im not sure if I got them all. Grand total of 117 goals. Pretty sure I will be adding more... I divided them into 3 categories : Skill sets(21), Experiences / Achievements(51), Places to Go(45). Note that for places to go, one country is only listed once. 

Also, gonna be picking around 12 goals for each month of next year, which may or may not be from this list of life time goals. That's probably the part where it gets interesting. By giving myself some kind of a monthly deadline, shall see if Parkinson’s Law kicks in.

Jan : Two goals at one go, becos they are related and #50 is basically passive
(Item #48 under Experiences / Achievements) : 
Reduce items owned (Except for food items) to fit into my 24 inch luggage. 

Basically, it would meant that by end of Jan, my entire life should fit into a luggage which I can just check in and take off anywhere I want, literately living out of a suitcase. The rest of the stuff that I don't want/need to bring along when I travel but will need when Im not travelling, should fit into a box. Books will definitely go here. 

Obviously, it will exclude : desk, computer, bed, wardrobes and stuff that are not portable. Food, which obviously I'm not going to bring when I travel. And other necessities that I happen to have in excess at the moment. eg tissue paper / toothpaste / etc... 

(Item #50 under Experiences / Achievements) :
Not buying new clothes/ fashion items for a year (365days)

Exception : New shoes to replace worn out ones. My heels seem to get destroyed at an alarming rate. 

Feb (Item #49 under Experiences / Achievements) : 
Clear all photo backlogs of trips to date

This would comprise of : 
2012 : Japan
2013 : Arctic
2014 : South Korea
2015 : Taiwan(Jan, June), Vietnam

It's been.. at least 5yrs since I last had NO backlogs for my travel photos.

Mar
Time for a holiday. And create new photo backlogs again... (just kidding). 
Yet to decide where. But I love travelling in Mar. I'll probably pick one off my list of places to go.

April to Dec
Random mix of goals I would like to achieve, things that will probably take longer than 1mth to complete, and maybe things that can all be done at the same time. This list is still a works in progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment