Sunday, June 16, 2013

16th June 2013

Went for my trial at Pure Yoga last week, and I love that place~ I wished they offer Pilates....

My goal currently, with regards to my exercise routine / health, is to squeeze in 30min cardio, yoga, pilates, 3-4x a week.

Options open to me now:  

1. Fitness first membership, $125/mth for gym, yoga, pilates classes. 24Mths commitment. This was my first option. Having everything under one roof, sounded really gd to me,not to mention cost saving. I could go for pilates, yoga, and then 30min on the machine for my cardio. Location was gd too. Islandwide 13 outlets currently , the next one at Jurong east opening Dec 2013.

But I'm really not impressed by the classes I tried.
Facilities also lacking. Had trouble getting hold of a hair dryer. Alot of lockers, but not enough shower rooms, not enuff dressing tables, mirrors... In short, everything lacking  -_- Classes were also too packed for my liking. 

For yoga, it could be dangerous if done incorrectly. If classes are too packed, n instructors had no time to go around correcting u, you could be doing it wrongly and injure yourself....

And I tot Fitness first was one of the more premium fitness center in Singapore... Hmm. 

2. Sadhana Sanctuary, $95/mth - $116/mth for yoga and pilates classes. 12-24Mths commitment. Facilities also lacking. Had to q for showers during peak hours... But at least classes are good. Instructors went around correcting us when needed. Will just have to go for classes during offpeak hours, which I normally do anyway... 

But need to pay for separate gym membership to get my cardio. Of course there are always the free cardio options. Hmm. 

3. Pure Yoga, $156/mth for 18mths commitment. Very good facilities, good class size, good location. Loved everything abt it~ They even provide tea for members to enjoy, and newspaper too... Plenty of couches, with comfy cushions for you to sit n enjoy the hot tea after yoga... I had Ginger tea after my Yin yoga session when I went for my trial ...

Problem, it's a huge premium to pay for just yoga alone.... If they had Pilates, I would already have signed up~ Sure, it's the most expensive among all options, but it's really nice n peaceful there. That's what yoga should be all about~
But they dun... so need to pay for separate Pilates n gym membership -_-

After much considerations, decided to take up Sadhana, they offer yoga and pilates. I really like the Pilates lesson there.. Sadhana was the place where I discovered Pilates and fell in love with it ~ Going down on Tues to sign up. 

Was researching on my Cardio options, and came across this activity called, Aqua spinning or Aqua bking. Its like a regular spin class, except done in water. Sounds like fun to me, classes start at a rate of 40-50 / session. Haha. Even more expensive than my Pilates reformer classes... 

So many activities I really wanna try. When will I finally get to do them all... 

No comments:

Post a Comment